It is Wednesday, and you know what that means! Time for some works in progress!
I finished up my Lisette Portfolio Tunic, I didn't change anything other than the neckline. Instead of adding the neckband pieces, I just cut a long length of 2.25" bias fabric, and sewed it along the neckline, and then pretty much followed the rest of the directions, I only used one button instead of two, and I like it much better this way. Not so close to the throat! I used Lisette fabric from JoAnn's Fabrics, and it has a great weight to it, so I honestly think it fits better than my muslin simply for this fact. I put this baby together in just a few hours, making the muslin first really cut down on time, since I knew what I was doing this time (and I knew it would fit!) I love the loud floral print.
I finished my two bee blocks for my quilting bee, Quilting NewBEES, these two are for "nora303", and are technically for June, but we got a head start. And yes, these two blocks look identical, but I promise, I made two! This was technically the first time I made half square triangles (gasp!) Honestly I thought they were pretty easy, just so long as when you ironed them you didn't "stretch" the bias edges to much. I think I spent just as much time cutting the fabric as I did sewing them up. It was fun, and this was the first time I didn't seem to have any problem matching up those points, it is always nice when something just falls into place, it doesn't happen often enough!
No new projects, my list of wip stays the same, seems I am stuck in a stagnate rut. Oh well, there is always next week! Lastly, I finished this post with a flower from my yard, and to prove my non-green thumb-ness, I have no clue what it is! Feel free to enlighten me.
Quilt Bee Blocks
Lisette Portfolio Tunic
Organizing my OUT OF CONTROL Fabric Stash (65% complete)
Bottled Rainbows Ticker Tape Quilt-Along (5 of 16 blocks complete)
Lily's Quilts Quilt-Along (Using Sherbet Pips)
Making a Light Box (Supplies bought, partly assembled)
Sewing (for myself) a few tops/shirts. (2 down, several more to go!)
Other Random Projects: (These are not counted in my weekly stats!)
A Box Full of Alterations and Random "Fix It" Projects.
Roughly 150 + Items that are Finished and Need to Be Photographed for my Shop.
New Projects - 0
Completed Projects - 2 (These stay on the list because I have more to make!)
Currently in Progress - 6
Sock Monkey Quilt
Denyse Schmidt Home Dec Fabric Wall Hanging Quilt
Making a bunch of clutches.