Finish-A-Long Quarter Four
Last quarter of the year! WHAT? I'm doing it up HUGE! My list is huge, my goals are huge and going to try so hard to get these projects done! Oh and please excuse some of the poor quality photos, they are works in progress and the photos were taken in substandard conditions! HA! Here is my list in order of how I would like/need to get them finished:
1. Emerald Cut Quilt - This one has been quilted and the binding is sewn on, I just need to hand sew the binding closed. I almost finished this one for the third quarter, but didn't quite make it. Will wrap this one up soon.
2. Solar System Quilt - I put this panel quilt together early last month and basted it. I plan to hand quilt this one with pearl cotton. This one is a Christmas present, so I need to get cracking!
3. One Block Wonder Quilt - Here it is on the design wall. Since this shot, I have sewn it into rows, and it now awaits me to sew the rows together. Once the rows are together I will add a border or two. Then I just have to baste and quilt.
4. Open Wide Zipper Pouches - Early last month I whipped up these patchwork panels and plan to turn them into two Open Wide Zippered Pouches (pattern by Noodlehead.) These need to be finished before Christmas also!
5. Modified Rebecca Bag - My mom has requested a purse after seeing my Rebecca Bag that I made for Craft Book Month. It is cut out and awaiting me to buy a zipper and then whip it up!
6. Mango Quilt Block - Plan to turn this into a mini quilt of some sort. Interested in making your own? Find the tutorial over at A Quilter's Table HERE.
7. Dogwood Blossom Quilt - I think I have 12 of the 20 blocks finished. Eight more blocks then piece the top into a twin sized quilt. I also have to figure out the backing of this one.
8. Christmas Strings Quilt - I actually hope to work on this one during the holidays, I just can't seem to get motivated to work on a Christmas Quilt during other points in the year. I have a good idea of how I want to piece this quilt top and am excited to work on it in December. This will be a lap quilt.
9. Latticework Quilt - I took the time to baste this one about a month ago. It sits waiting for me to quilt it!
10. Sister's Ten Quilt - I have been following along with this year long quilt along, but just haven't shown off many of the blocks. I have 6 more blocks to construct (fabric is already cut) and then to assemble the quilt top! I think this one will be king sized, so I may have to send it off to be quilted.
11. Autumn Sampler Cross Stitch - Started this one kinda randomly last week, wanting an evening and car ride project. I am almost finished with this one block, only 24 more to go! Since we don't have much "fall" in Louisiana, I don't mind working on this through the winter, the temps will finally be fall like then!
12. City Sampler Quilt - Why not go crazy and say that I will finish up my City Sampler Quilt! I have roughly 30 blocks left to make and then to assemble the top, and of course quilt it. The odds of this, the last project on my list getting done is pretty crazy, but hey why not dream big!
There it was, my big crazy 12 project list. Honestly, if I get around 5 done, I'll be happy with that. This will be the last to-do list of the year, and I have to thank Leanne for hosting the Finish-A-Long this year and motivating so many of us to get those projects finished!
10/15/2013 06:23:27 am
Lots of great projects - now finish off that binding!
10/15/2013 09:31:47 am
What a great list - good luck ;)
10/18/2013 10:34:05 am
That's an impressive list and my hat's off to you! Knowing you, most are done by the time I'm writing this comment!!!
Leave a Reply.
A feisty mom designing, sewing and blogging her way through everyday life!