Excited about my first quarter finishes, I am eager to make my second quarter list and start crossing them off! I thought I was going to have a longer list, but honestly I have six projects this time, just like last quarter, the main difference is less small projects and more quilts. I think I can do it! So here we go!
1. Small Project - Autumn Sampler, pattern by the Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery. I only have black and white floss left to add in and then I will be done. Well of course I want to mat and frame it as well. I am so close to done I can taste it!
2. Small Project - Two large handbags for a friend that I promised like 2.5 years ago. Yep they have just been sitting there, cut out and waiting for me to stitch them up. This is the quarter that I will finish this project!
1. Quilt (Large Project) - Triangle Quilt Along, the rows are sewn, just need to finish the top, trim it, baste and quilt. It is small, so it should go rather quickly.
2. Quilt (Large Project) - City Sampler, it is basted and just awaiting quilting. I have already wound 10 bobbins, so I just have to sit down and start! I know how I will quilt the blocks, but NO idea of how to quilt the stripes....
3. Quilt (Large Project) - Radiant Orchid, I ordered the backing yesterday. So I need to construct the back, baste and quilt. I'm not sure how this one will be quilted, any suggestions?
4. Quilt (Large Project) - Bloom Bloom Pow, I have the backing done and the white batting. Just need to baste and quilt it. Also not sure how to quilt this one, seriously leave me some suggestions!
A total of six project, two small and four large. I can do it! Interested in joining along? You still have time, click on the 2014 Finish Along picture below for all the details and more information!
4/10/2014 01:22:53 am
I have been reading up on some quilting because I am a straight line quilter..LOL.. This Quilt has great movement already, If you put some heavy quilting everywhere except the middle of the cross where the chicopee is would it make each blade stand out.. Ok.. I tried..
4/10/2014 06:31:21 am
Good luck, those are some great projects xxx
I'm currently watching one of Angela Walter's classes on craftsy, so I want to densely quilt everything with all the designs. :D I would say the Radiant orchid calls for more of an all over quilting design, maybe a triangular stipple/loops? The bloom bloom pow just screams for intricate quilting....just no idea what. I'm a great help, hunh?
4/11/2014 09:09:24 pm
Great projects! Love your BBP, oooh so pretty!
4/15/2014 10:23:48 am
Ooh those are such colourful projects, with great opportunities for exciting quilting! I hope you will share with us your decisions ... and results.
Leave a Reply.
A feisty mom designing, sewing and blogging her way through everyday life!