Whew! I finished this one just in time! A quick project, really, I think I completed it in around an hour, which was nice to have it done so quickly. I really like this little (not really as little as I thought it would be) coin purse, it is big enough to hold lipstick, coins, credit cards, a compact...quite a bit of stuff! It really was a easy project, so once again, I'm not really sure why this is supposed to be a "harder" pattern? As with many of Amy Butler's projects, I find the hardest part to be applying all that darn interfacing!
Only a few things I did differently than what the pattern called for. The first, the zipper, I used my normal method of applying a zipper, it worked like a charm, and I'm not sure why anyone would use the method Amy Butler suggests. The second was a flat out mistake. See that little tab to the side and top....yeah, that isn't supposed to be right there. I totally didn't pay attention to the directions, and just assumed it went there, sewed it up and then noticed, no it wasn't supposed to go there. Oh well, it looks fine, and now mine is completely "unique!"
I see myself making more of these in the future, but the only thing I would do differently is to not use most of the interfacing that the pattern calls for, the darn little pouch is just too stiff. I would use the interfacing for the top bands and that is it, I would eliminate the interfacing that is on the bottom sections. A "softer" pouch would have been nice. I also would eliminate the inside pocket/divider, it is absolutely pointless and honestly just takes up space. I don't have a photo of the inside of mine, but if I did you would see a hot mess of unnecessary bulkiness!
I also finished my Teardrop Bag, but will wait to share it sometime next week, and keep an eye out for a giveaway and an announcement sometime soon too!